YOU CAN DO IT!
Here are 10 reasons why you should become a pharmacist:
- You get to help people. Pharmacists help people from all walks of life achieve healthier and more productive lives.
- It's hands-on. Pharmacists are visible and vital members of the healthcare team, collaborating directly with other healthcare professionals and patients every day.
- You have choices. From retail to research, pediatrics to poison control, pharmacy offers a variety of career options. You can choose a direction that matches your interests, and you don’t have to stay in one box your entire career.
- The future looks exciting. New innovations in the pharmacy field like robotics and pharmacogenetics (drug therapy based on people’s genetic makeup) promise to have a transformative impact on healthcare.
- You earn a great salary. Money isn’t everything, but it’s still nice to work in a well-paid profession. The average pharmacist makes between $100,000-140,000 per year.
- It's a stable profession. Pharmacists are always needed—even during economic downturns.
- Flexible hours. Some pharmacy positions offer flexible schedules or part-time hours so you can manage family responsibilities and achieve work-life balance.
- It’s a trusted profession. Pharmacists are widely respected for their knowledge and expertise; they’re top-ranked professionals who’ve earned the public’s trust.
- You’ll never stop learning. As science advances, so will your knowledge. Pharmacists always stay abreast of the latest medical developments.
- You make a difference. Not many people can go home at the end of every day knowing they’ve made a direct and positive impact on people in their community.